Monday, January 21, 2008

The Indian Pink Ladies

I was once criticized for raising daughters that were too strong willed and independent. My response, then and now, is that they need to have a strong will and the confidence to be independent so they can stand on their own two feet in this world. I am happy to report that both of my daughters are happy, healthy and successful in both their personal and professional lifes.

Demands for equal rights for women, cries for equal pay for women, burning bras ... this was all a part of my teenage years. It was also over 30 years ago, oh my. Wouldn't you think and hope that now, in the 21st century, women the world over would have the right to be strong-willed and independent, if they so wish to be? We've come a long way, baby, right? You might find the following article interesting :
BBC NEWS South Asia India's 'pink' vigilante women

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job raising your daughters!
Will you be wearing a pink sari in India? Hooray for the Pink ladies.
Audrey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...