She slowly removed the blanket from her head and peeked out cautiously at the world to see how life was looking. It appeared that the shades of gray that had been bombarding her were now replaced by deep reds, lively greens and speckles of silver and gold. The chaos that had overwhelmed her seemed to have been conquered to some degree. Projects which had sat unfinished for years were now complete and it was with a sense of satisfaction that she checked items off her 'to do' list.
- The 'Easter' basket she had started for her daughter almost ten years ago is now complete - and shipped to her in sunny California.
- The scrapbook she had started a long time ago was finished and shipped to parents as their Christmas present. The scrap booking process turned out to be an emotional trip with too many tears shed as she went through hundreds of photos, remembering and sometimes trying to forget.
- The mermaid rug was brought out of the closet and the hooking began. A date has been set for the completion of this 3' X 4' traditional hooked rug ~ the rug will be entered into the Deerfield Fair in September 2009.
- She watercolored Christmas cards with her husband and son - and sent them off almost on time.
- She survived the seven days without power when the ice storm of ice storms hit the Northeast. She did do a happy dance when the electricity was turned back on and she is very grateful to be reconnected.
And I am very grateful to also be emotionally reconnected. Thank you to all who checked in with me - it helped. As bizarre as this might sound to some, I miss my blogging friends. I enjoy blogging and I like feeling connected to the bigger picture. There is so much bad news everyday it is reassuring to connect with good people and my blogging 'friends' are very good people. So I am back.
I had to take a break. I had to get my life in order. I had to find the edge pieces to my puzzle. And I did, at least for now. I hope you all had happy holidays and that you were surrounded by friends and family, love and good cheer.
And now as I prepare to hit the 'publish post' button I realize I am a bit apprehensive. It took me a long time to find my blogging friends and I hope that they are still there. I probably have committed some blogging faux pas and I am on some list - and not the 'A' list. But here goes! I look forward to reconnecting with all of you !